12 September, 2009

Age ain't nuthin' but a number!

So, after reading about Rodarte's latest "LITTLE" muse in the Wall Street Journal this morning, my curious tendencies got the better of me and ... I GOOGLED! The subject of my search was an uber blogger who has managed to win the hearts and attention of one of fashion's biggest and brightest teams (Kate & Laura Mulleavy). To my astonishment, what I had expected to be the ramblings-on of a tweener, actually turned into an introduction via video to a lovely, well-spoken, intelligent and refreshingly candid 13 year-old. An old soul who takes her viewing public on an adventure through the latest looks she loves so much.

Tavi G (as she is known to her blogging public) has a depth of understanding for fashion that most adults don't possess. Her "Sophistication 101" video is quirky-cool and inventive, not to mention her interpretive dance-homage to Abba will have you smiling and bopping your head right along with her.

Tavi, you really are well BEYOND your years, and I appreciate you filling cyberspace with your brilliant light and lovely voice. I hope that Fashion Week was a wonderful opening for you into this magical and awesome world that has captivated you.

Check out Tavi as she describes her summer vacation.
http://tavi-thenewgirlintown.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment